Friday, January 22, 2010
It is amazing how the events of a strangers life can have such an impact on yours. I talked to a boy today whose older brother committed suicide yesterday (he was my boyfriend, Griffin's brother's best friend's brother..if you can follow the degrees of seperation). He was only in 8th grade and somehow got ahold of a gun....and the story ends...How do these things happen?!? Why? Why? Why? It almost makes you angry...and wish that I had met him a day earlier, that maybe in some convoluted way I could have had something to do with preventing this horrific act. Thirteen years is NOT long enough to spend on this amazing and fascinating planet but rest his sole and my prayers go out to his family, whom I also met tonight. It was obvious they are still numb/in shock/dumbfounded/speechless/saddened/completely and utterly drained from dealing with everything but my little Brayden boy managed to bring some smiles to their faces :) GOD BLESS BABIES AND NEW LIFE!!! Nevertheless, I am left with a lump in my throat as I go to sleep tonight... But know that I am better for feeling these emotions and bonding with this family, even if only for a second. I promise to hug stronger, kiss harder, cherish the simple moments, and embrace the randomness that bring meaningful strangers into my life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment