Saturday, January 23, 2010
Brayden has started teething...at 16 weeks old!! FML! He can hardly even manage to put anything in his mouth yet so all the teething toys I have bought are useless. So for now I guess he will continue to gnaw on my fingers, attempt to fit his entire fist in his mouth, and suck the life out of his binkie until the little sucker breaks through the gum. Oh, and not to mention, drool all over EVERYTHING!! Among dealing with all of this, I started planning my next project. You will soon discover that I am always coming up with something! I am going to attempt to DIY a padded headboard, pretty ambitious for me, I know, but I got my inspiration from an $800 tufted 'York' headboard from Pottery Barn that I absolutely fell in loooove with. In my wildest dreams would I ever spend that on just a headboard, but I am going to recreate my version for roughly $50!! I am using black microsuede upholstery fabric that my mom had left over from a project, plywood, batting, upholstery foam, spray adhesive, and some DIY buttons made from the same fabric. I'm off to bed now, but I can't wait to get started and I'll have pictures up later so stay tuned!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I cannot WAIT to see this headboard! Asa and I are crafting right now too! We are decoupaging the trunk we have with our wedding photos all over it! I love it! I'll post pix too! I miss you, Erin. Tomorrow's one of my best chances to hang out (why am I posting this on your blog? I don't know.) so can I see you and Brayden?
ReplyDeleteKEEP BLOGGING! LOVE IT.